Skillsoft and SumTotal announced they will host their biggest annual user conference, Perspectives, April 11-13 at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Themed “The Age of Learning On-Demand,” Perspectives 2018 will showcase the innovative ideas, compelling programs and inspiring leaders transforming the corporate learning and talent management landscape. The event will also showcase new innovations from Skillsoft, SumTotal and Percipio as well as updates on the company’s beautiful technology and engaging content strategy.
“Perspectives 2018 will provide a world-class opportunity for several thousand customers and partners to examine corporate learning in the digital age,” said Chad Gaydos, Chief Operating Officer of the Skillsoft Group. “This year’s immersive conference experience will feature numerous thought leaders discussing business challenges such as digital transformation and global training at scale. We are also fortunate to have dozens of customers and partners share their success stories with our products and services.”
- 95 speaker sessions
- 74 presentations from customers, partners and analysts, including Amalgam Insights, Bersin by Deloitte, and Nucleus Research
- 21 sessions by Skillsoft and SumTotal subject matter experts
- 12 tracks, including paths dedicated to Percipio, SumTotal, Talent, Leadership, Workforce Management, and Payroll
- A talent panel discussion with executive insights on career development with Cox, BAE Systems, PSAV and Guidewell
Keynotes Perspectives will feature keynotes from Skillsoft Group executives, industry-leading chief learning officers (CLOs), and three industry luminaries.
- Josh Bersin, principal and founder of Bersin by Deloitte will present “Learning in the Flow of Work.” His research-based presentation will show how micro-learning, macro-learning, and adaptive learning have come together to make learning in the flow of work really happen for an organization.
- Andy Cunningham, founder and president of the Cunningham Collective, will present “What’s Your Positioning DNA? What Does it Tell You About Your Company, Your Positioning and Your Success.” She will share the importance of understanding positioning to make strategic decisions on branding, messaging, and corporate values.
- Wendy Sachs, author of Fearless and Free: How Smart Women Pivot and Relaunch Their Careers, will provide practical guidance and lessons from those who have successfully learned how to redefine their skills and their roles in a climate of constant market and organizational change.
“For years organizations have been trying to solve the problem of on-demand learning – providing employees, customers, and leaders access to just enough information and skills development to get them where they want to go,” said Josh Bersin. “I look forward to sharing with the Perspectives audience how, in 2018, for the first time, this new mode of learning is possible.”
Customer & Partner Sessions
The conference will feature more than 70 customers and partners discussing their insights and experiences using Skillsoft, Percipio, and SumTotal solutions to create new engagement strategies for multi-generational workforces. Sample sessions include:
- Accenture: “Delivering a Global Curriculum More Efficiently and Effectively at Accenture”
- ADP: “Tackling Employee Retention: Insights, Strategies and Solutions”
- Datacom: “Leading Through Digital Transformation”
- Hilton Hotels: “Virtual, Social and On-the-Job. How Today’s Manager Prefers to Learn”
- Hire Our Heroes: “Empowering Veterans with Percipio”
- Praxair: “Developing IT Employees: The Praxair IT Business Passport”
“Last April, my colleagues and I attended the Partner Summit at Perspectives,” said Richard Hensler, CEO of Technology Certifications. “As a new business, those few days in the company of our peers and experts from the world of corporate learning was an invaluable experience. We came away from the conference better informed. Our brains were on fire with incredible information, guidance and insights that we could apply as a Skillsoft Channel Partner. We are excited to return to Las Vegas this year.”
An Innovation Awards program will celebrate customer and partner success, innovation and expertise in learning and development, talent management and workforce management. The awards will recognize innovative ideas, impactful programs and inspiring leaders transforming their organizations by leveraging Skillsoft and/or SumTotal’s products and services. The Skillsoft Group will grant awards in several categories:
- Talent Development Champion of the Year
- Program of the Year
- Thinking Big: Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs)
- Compliance and Ethics Excellence
- Creating an Impact
- Channel Partner of the Year
“There is no question Perspectives is worth the investment,” said Lynda Cribari, Executive Director of Performance Excellence, Davenport University. “It is hands down the best conference I’ve ever attended.”