The Ramco Cements Limited is the flagship Company of the Ramco Group, a well known business group of India. The Alathiyur unit of the company has received “The Golden Peacock National Training Award” comprising a trophy and a certificate signed by Justice M.N. Venkatachaliah, former Chief Justice of India, and head of National Human Rights Commission of India and National Commission for Constitution of India Reforms.
– The Golden Peacock Awards Secretariat invited applications for the institutional awards in four categories from Corporates, large enterprises & SMEs covering all types of Public, Private and Government Enterprises.
– This year 344 Companies participated in the annual Golden Peacock awards, of which 151 applications were shortlisted.
– Ramco Cements’ holistic approach on the functional, technical, and behavioral trainings, as well as work life balance training programs, started giving good results, which made an impact on the selection panel.
– Further the company’s emphasis on the safety, environmental and on the job training programs which are need of the day, was appreciated by the panel.
– Employees are continuously encouraged to participate in the Quality Circle programs, group discussions and to upgrade their new skills in the field of cement technology.
– The selection panel appreciated the above initiatives of the Management in the areas of learning and development.
– Finally the jury approved 13 industries in the category of learning and development, and in Cement sector, Ramco Cements received the Golden Peacock National Training Award for the year 2020, in an online ceremony.
– This was possible only because of Ramco Cements’ belief that its people are its greatest asset and invests on learning and development in building the future road map of the Company.
Shares of The Ramco Cements Limited was last trading in BSE at Rs.690.95 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 698.35. The total number of shares traded during the day was 10791 in over 903 trades.
The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 704.5 and intraday low of 683.15. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 7450126.